Aurora Forecast 3D 5.3 APK
- Version: 5.3
- File size: 19.62MB
- Requires: Android 4.4+
- Package Name: com.embarcadero.AuroraForecast3D
- Developer: Fred Sigernes
- Updated: December 30, 2018
- Price: Free
- Rate 4.20 stars – based on 62 reviews
We provide Aurora Forecast 3D 5.3 APK file for Android 4.4+ and up.
Aurora Forecast 3D is a free Weather game.
It's easy to download and install to your mobile phone.
Please be aware that ApkPlz only share the original and free pure apk installer for Aurora Forecast 3D 5.3 APK without any modifications.
The average rating is 4.20 out of 5 stars on playstore. If you want to know more about Aurora Forecast 3D then you may visit Fred Sigernes support center for more information
All the apps & games here are for home or personal use only. If any apk download infringes your copyright, please contact us. Aurora Forecast 3D is the property and trademark from the developer Fred Sigernes.
The Aurora Forecast 3D is a tool to track down where the aurora is located in the sky from any location on planet. It renders Earth in 3D with rotation and scaling at your fingertips. You can select locations and make your own ground - station list. The Sun illuminates the globe as it updates in near real-time (1 second epochs). The short term forecasts are up to +6 hours, while long term forecasts are up to 3 days ahead in time. They are updated when the app is active and connected to internet.
An Aurora Compass is included that shows where the auroral oval, the Moon and the Sun are located as you look up at the sky from your location. The phase and age of the Moon is also visualized in the compass. By zooming out in the 3D view port, satellites, stars and planets appear in their orbits around the Sun.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UPGRADES
The upgrade will clear old cache and data used.
- 3D view port of Earth with zoom and rotation enabled.
- Solar illumination of the Earth and the Moon.
- Aurora oval size and location in real time [1,2].
- Location of the Day-side Cusp aurora (red)
- Forecasts based on predicted Kp index +0, +3 and +6 hours ahead in
time estimated by the Space Weather Prediction Centre (NOAA-SWPC).
- Color scaled Kp speedometer.
- Aurora Compass sky view display.
- Editable station / location list
- Go to animation.
- Right Ascension (RA) and Declination (DEC) of the Moon, Sun and 8 planets:
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto 
- Age of the Moon including the phase.
- Includes a 2.4 million star map .
- City light texture .
- Earth, Sun and Moon textures [6,7].
- Sky view module to track planets and stars .
- Geomagnetic storm alert messages.
- 3-day space weather condition forecast as news ticker.
- 3-day long term Kp index summary plot.
- Two-Line Element (TLE) satellite orbit calculations .
- Apparent Solar Time (AST) as analog clock in Sky view module.
- Skyview navigation.
 Sigernes F., M. Dyrland, P. Brekke, S. Chernouss, D.A. Lorentzen, K. Oksavik, and C.S. Deehr, Two methods to forecast auroral displays, Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate (SWSC), Vol. 1, No. 1, A03, DOI:10.1051/swsc/2011003, 2011.
 Starkov G. V., Mathematical model of the auroral boundaries, Geomagnetism and Aeronomy, 34 (3), 331-336, 1994.
 P. Schlyter, How to compute planetary positions, http://stjarnhimlen.se/, Stockholm, Sweden.
 Bridgman, T. and Wright, E., The Tycho Catalog Sky map- Version 2.0, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio, http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/3572, January 26, 2009.
 The Visible Earth catalog, http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, April-October, 2012.
 T. Patterson, Natural Earth III - Texture Maps, http://www.shadedrelief.com, October 1, 2016.
 Nexus - Planet Textures, http://www.solarsystemscope.com/nexus/, January 4, 2013.
 Hoffleit, D. and Warren, Jr., W.H., The Bright Star Catalog, 5th Revised Edition (Preliminary Version), Astronomical Data Center, NSSDC/ADC, 1991.
 Vallado, David A., Paul Crawford, Richard Hujsak, and T.S. Kelso, Revisiting Spacetrack Report #3, AIAA/AAS-2006-6753, https://celestrak.com, 2006.